Webpage of Laura Monk
I am a PhD student at the Institut de Recherche Mathématique Avancée
(IRMA) in Strasbourg (France), under the supervision
of Nalini Anantharaman.
- Telephone : +333 68 85 02 77
- E-mail : monk[at]math.unistra.fr
- Address : Office 105, UFR de Mathématique, University of Strasbourg, 7 rue René Descartes, 67000
I belong to the Analysis team.
I am currently studying the eigenvalues of the Laplace operator on random compact hyperbolic surfaces, using
the Weil-Petersson volume on moduli spaces.
I am also interested in dynamical systems and mathematical physics.
Publications and preprints
- The tangle-free hypothesis on random hyperbolic surfaces, L. Monk,
J. Thomas, preprint 2020.
- Benjamini-Schramm convergence and spectrum of random hyperbolic surfaces of high genus, L. Monk,
- Resonant thickening of self-gravitating discs: imposed or self-induced orbital diffusion in the tightly wound
limit, J.B. Fouvry, C. Pichon, P. Chavanis, L. Monk, MNRAS 2017
- Here is my Master's thesis (in French),
which introduces my research project (in particular, the geometry and spectrum of hyperbolic surfaces and the
Weil-Petersson volume on moduli spaces).
I am a teaching assistant at the University of Strasbourg.
I also organized events to promote mathematics toward highschool girls in 2018 and 2019,
the Rendez-vous des Jeunes Mathématiciennes.
More detail can be found on my resume.
Last update on August 21, 2020.