Welcome to my website!
My research interests are in numerical methods for hyperbolic systems. In particular
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for atmospheric flows, multi-phase flows and multi-material interactions
- Robust numerical methods with the focus on all Mach number schemes using implicit and semi-implicit/implicit-explicit methods
- Structure preserving numerical schemes with the focus on well-balancing, asymptotic preserving property, entropy stability, thermodynamic consistency
- High order finite volume methods involving TVD-MOOD strategies
2023 PEPS JCJC
Project: Robust and Efficient numerical schemes for all-speed two-phase flows
2021 PROCOPE mobility grant for France
Project: Efficient numerical simulation of mono-materials and multi-material interactions.
2017-2020 : INdAM-DP-COFUND-2015 (Cofunded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions)
INdAM Doctoral Programme in Mathematics and/or Applications
Project: Numerical methods for fluid flows around steady states in the low Mach regime of the Euler equations with gravity
- M. Lukáčová-Medvid’ová, I. Peshkov, A. Thomann. An implicit-explicit solver for a two-fluid single-temperature model, submitted, 2023. arXiv preprint
Published and accepted articles
- A. Thomann, M. Dumbser. Thermodynamically compatible discretization of a compressible two-fluid model with two entropy inequalities, accepted in Journal of Scientific Computing, 2023. HAL preprint
- A. Thomann, A. Iollo, G. Puppo. Implicit relaxed all Mach number schemes for gases and compressible materials, accepted in SIAM Journal on scientific computing, 2023. arXiv preprint
- V. Michel-Dansac, A. Thomann. TVD-MOOD schemes based on implicit-explicit time integration, Appl. Mat. Comput., 433: p. 127397, 2022.
- M. Lukáčová-Medvid'ová, G. Puppo, A. Thomann. An all Mach number finite volume method for isentropic two-phase flow, J. Numer. Math. in press, https://doi.org/10.1515/jnma-2022-0015, 2022.
- A. Thomann, G. Puppo, C. Klingenberg. An all speed second order well-balanced IMEX relaxation scheme for the Euler equations with gravity, J. Comput. Phys. 420: p. 109723, 2020.
- A. Thomann, M. Zenk, G. Puppo, C. Klingenberg. An all speed second order IMEX relaxation scheme for the Euler equations, Commun. Comput. Phys., 28(2):591–620, 2020.
- A. Thomann, M. Zenk, C. Klingenberg. A second-order positivity- preserving well-balanced finite volume scheme for Euler equations with gravity for arbitrary hydrostatic equilibria, Int. J. Numer. Meth. Fl., 89(11):465–482, 2019.
- A. Thomann, A. Borzì. Stability and accuracy of a pseudospectral scheme for the Wigner function equation, Numer. Methods Partial Differential Eq., 33: 62–87, 2017.
Peer reviewed Conference Proceedings
- A. Iollo, G. Puppo, A. Thomann. Two-dimensional linear implicit relaxed scheme for hyperbolic conservation laws, accepted to proceedings of FVCA X, Strasbourg, 2023.
- M. Dumbser, S. Busto, A. Thomann. On thermodynamically compatible finite volume schemes for overdetermined hyperbolic systems, accepted to proceedings of FVCA X, Strasbourg, 2023.
- V. Michel-Dansac, A. Thomann. On high-precision L∞-stable IMEX schemes for scalar hyperbolic multi-scale equations. Proceedings of NumHyp 2019. SEMA SIMAI Springer Series. Springer International Publishing, 2019.
- C. Klingenberg, A. Thomann. On computing compressible Euler equations with gravity. In XVI International Conference on Hyperbolic Problems: Theory, Numerics, Applications 2016 (pp. 159-166). Springer, Cham.
Title: Numerical methods for all-speed flows for the Euler equations including well-balancing of
University: Insubria University, DiSAT, Como, Italy, 2020.